Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Loving The Frustration of Building An Online Business

That's right, I love the frustration! If you are doing everything you can to stay away from frustration, you are staying away from the things that are going to take you to the next level. There are no if's ands or buts about it.

Tell me if this sounds familiar. "I'm getting involved with company X. Yeah, there's this guy who has a system and he says you only need two! This guy's making like $50k per month and I'll I've got to do is get my 2 and use the system."

Is this true? Sure, if you're experienced in building a business, recruiting, communication (let me say that one more time) communication, and taking on a leadership role to continue the success of your team. It's no secret that the success rate in Direct Sales, or any business for that matter, is relatively small. This is not because the company isn't real, the system doesn't work or your upline is a liar. It's because you are spending your time doing the things you WANT to do instead of the things that drive you crazy and frustrate you. Fact is, most people are simply afraid of doing something they are unfamiliar with because they are unsure of the outcome. This is when you hear things like, "I'm not sure I'm doing it right, so I'm gonna wait." That's the kiss of death. Of course you're not going to do it right the first time, but you'll never be able to do it right until you DO IT!!

Frustration is just like any other emotion. It is giving you feedback. In the case of frustration, it is simply telling you that what you're doing isn't working. This is usually the point when most give up. Further, if they don't give up, they usually tend to just get angry and possibly throw a fit. Both of these behaviors are counter productive to you accomplishing your goal. I can tell you personally that it took me close to 4 hours to get a website up and functional. I'm not talking about actually building the site and doing all the HTML, coding and fun stuff I still have a hard time with. No, I was just simply trying to get it to go live. This is a task that takes people "in the know" about 20 minutes.

I can tell you that I was VERY frustrated. However, the site is up, running and producing revenue. Better yet, I now have a skill set that I can relate to the rest of my organization as well as a better understanding of what it's going to take for all of us to truly succeed with our businesses. So now I love the frustration. The more frustration the better. Those who know me, know that I like to have results quickly. So, anything that slows that process down is frustrating. On the flip side of that, frustration in my online business simply means I'm growing as a Biz Builder and an organizational leader.

I can now help my team through certain things because I have been there and I can tell them what to do and what not to do. Just like most of you, there is someone trying to help you reach your goals. Chances are, that person has given you a list of things to do. And, just like most people, you stray from the tasks that frustrate you or "you aren't good at." This isn't up for debate, you must do all aspects of the game if you want to be like the guy in the previous example who is making $50k per month.

Embrace what you don't know because what you don't know will take you to where you currently are not. Building an Online Business is just as much, or more, about personal growth as it is about bottom line growth. Understand frustration is going to happen. Learn to manage your emotions, stay on point and continue towards your goal. I hope this helps you on your Journey. Until next time, Happy Marketing!

No comments:

Post a Comment