Monday, June 8, 2009

Less Stress More Success

Who wants Less Stress and More Success? If you didn’t jump out of your chair screaming, “Me, I do, tell me how.” I can only assume a couple things: 1) You’re retired and I should be reading your blog or 2) You haven’t begun the transition of becoming a Business Builder. I’m going to cover a few things that will show you how to live a life of Less Stress More Success.

Time Leadership: I must be honest that this phrase is not my own but I think it works well. I know far too many people who get started on a task and the next thing they know an hour has gone by because while they were on Google researching they saw a great story on Dennis Rodman. Now I’m just as big a fan of sports as the next guy but that doesn’t help you achieve that task any more effectively. Congratulations you just wasted an hour! I know it doesn’t seem like much, however if this is a pattern you become better with news gossip than Building your Business. You must learn to Lead your Time!
Preparation: Now this can tie directly into the last point but this is a little different. I’ve got a friend who’s gotten much better about showing up on time. Unfortunately this friend still requires 10-15 minutes to get ready before we can begin anything. When the time comes to go to that meeting or walk into that bank, BE PREPARED! Your level of successful meetings will sky rocket. You are now viewed as a professional who’s got their stuff together.
Discipline: Now this is usually when I begin to lose people. This is not a four letter word folks. If you research any top earner in any industry you will see we are all creatures of habit. If something comes up that is not an emergency it get’s put on the back burner until we have finished the task at hand. I don’t even answer my phone while I’m in the middle of something and I only return emails at the end of the work day. STAY ON POINT!

Now I know to some of you these seem like rules that have now stressed you out and you’re saying, “Dave, I thought you said Less Stress More Success?” Trust me, when these things are implemented into your business, you will notice how much more effective you become which will lead to more success and that usually leads to less stress. When you can break down every variable and hold yourself accountable for your time, preparation and discipline you can truly measure your success. This becomes habit and you don’t wonder how much money you’ll make, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment