Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Building Your Online Business Part Time

I have to consider myself fortunate that I am able to work my business full time. I understand that you may not be able to work your business the same hours that I work my business. Today, I write this to give you an idea of what most Top Earners do on a daily basis to continue to manufacture leads and build our businesses.

1) Marketing: First and foremost marketing is the #1 part of your business that ALWAYS needs to be done. Whatever media s of marketing you choose, they must be done everyday…no exceptions. This is what continues to keep “The Wheel Turning” as I like to say. If you stop your marketing efforts, you might as well stop counting your money. If you don’t have a constant amount of prospects entering in your pipeline, you have basically shut your doors.

2) Time Leadership: I talk about this often. If you don’t have leadership of your time, your time will control you. ALL top producers in ANY industry know exactly what they are going to do down to the hour. And, I can promise you, the majority of their time is spent doing Income Producing Activities. For us, in the industry we are in, those activities are Marketing. So, if you are not working this business full time and you are doing this on your spare time, you have to MAKE time to work this business. TURN THE T.V. OFF when you get home. If you work a J.O.B. and then come home to this business, you have to make some changes to your evening plans. Enjoy some time with the family and then let them know that you HAVE to go to work to set you and the rest of the family FREE. So many times I will send emails and phone calls to folks about things to get done in the evening. Then, I talk to them the next day and they still haven’t done the work!! My only response is,” get used to the results you have because they won’t change until you do.” DO IT NOW!!! Stay ahead of the game and the game will change your life!

3) Teaching and Recruiting: Let’s face it; you aren’t going to build a huge business by yourself. You are going to have to be able to have a few leaders who want to duplicate your success. This means you have to first do the things that get you in front of the leaders. Trust me, if you do recruit a leader and you don’t work as much as they do, they will leave you. I understand this may not be your main source of income YET. That doesn’t mean it should take a back seat. You need to work this business HARDER than you work your J.O.B. This beautiful industry will pay you 10 fold what your J.O.B. will pay you. When you have taken the time to become an expert, you will be able to teach the same concepts and principles to those whom you recruit. “Fake it ‘till you make it” is the WORST advice I’ve ever heard. Work it ‘till you make it will always give you the results you want and will be evident to your recruits and your income!

Don’t fall into the victim mentality of not having enough time. That’s an excuse you’ve told yourself or your family for not having the results you want. This industry is full of individuals who worked their J.O.B during the day and then from 7 p.m. – 1 a.m. worked their Online Business. The only thing that separates them from you is the story they have told themselves. Don’t tell stories, no results and a story will never get you to your goals. Make it your story to work this business and become a Top Producer and I’ll see you at the top. I hope this helps you on your Journey. Until next time, Happy Marketing!

No comments:

Post a Comment